Selected Important Safety Information
What is the most important information I should know about Saxenda®?
Serious side effects may happen in people who take Saxenda®, including:
Possible thyroid tumors, including cancer. Tell your health care professional if you get a lump or swelling in your neck, hoarseness, trouble swallowing, or shortness of breath. These may be symptoms of thyroid cancer. In studies with rats and mice, Saxenda® and medicines that work like Saxenda® caused thyroid tumors, including thyroid cancer. It is not known if Saxenda® will cause thyroid tumors or a type of thyroid cancer called medullary thyroid carcinoma (MTC) in people.
Do not use Saxenda® if you or any of your family have ever had MTC, or if you have an endocrine system condition called Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia syndrome type 2 (MEN 2). See below for full Important Safety Information.
Saxenda® is an FDA-approved prescription injectable medicine that may help some adults with excess weight (body mass index [BMI] ≥27) who also have weight-related medical problems or obesity (BMI ≥30), lose weight and keep it off. Saxenda® should be used with a reduced-calorie meal plan and increased physical activity. Click here for full Indications and Usage.
Enroll in SaxendaCare®
- One-on-one coaching with registered dietitians
- Helps you stay accountable
- Facilitates goal setting
- Saxenda® pen questions
Online skill-building activities
- A full year of healthy habits and new ideas to try
- Sync with fitness trackers to chart progress
- Dealing with setbacks
- Dosing and refill reminders
- Setting goals and expectations
- Scheduling time for being active
Your SaxendaCare® Welcome Kit
- Welcome letter
- Health and Wellness guide
- Portion plate with instructions
Your free SaxendaCare® Welcome Kit will come in the mail after you enroll.
SaxendaCare® coaches are ready to speak with you
- SaxendaCare® coaches help you start your medication, stay focused on your goals, and navigate challenges.
- Our coaches are registered dietitians with a certificate of training in adult weight management and will work with you one-on-one to help you get off to a good start taking Saxenda®.
- SaxendaCare® coaches are only a phone call away and are available to answer your questions as they come up.
Losing weight is a team effort
People tend to lose more weight when counseled by a health care provider than when working on their own.