Selected Important Safety Information
Do not share your Saxenda® pen with others even if the needle has been changed. You may give other people a serious infection or get a serious infection from them.
What is the most important information I should know about Saxenda®?
Serious side effects may happen in people who take Saxenda®, including:
Possible thyroid tumors, including cancer. Tell your health care professional if you get a lump or swelling in your neck, hoarseness, trouble swallowing, or shortness of breath. These may be symptoms of thyroid cancer. In studies with rats and mice, Saxenda® and medicines that work like Saxenda® caused thyroid tumors, including thyroid cancer. It is not known if Saxenda® will cause thyroid tumors or a type of thyroid cancer called medullary thyroid carcinoma (MTC) in people.
Do not use Saxenda® if you or any of your family have ever had MTC, or if you have an endocrine system condition called Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia syndrome type 2 (MEN 2).
Click here for full Important Safety Information
Saxenda® (liraglutide) injection 3 mg is an injectable prescription medicine used for adults with excess weight (BMI ≥27) who also have weight-related medical problems or obesity (BMI ≥30), and children aged 12-17 years with a body weight above 132 pounds (60 kg) and obesity to help them lose weight and keep the weight off. Saxenda® should be used with a reduced calorie diet and increased physical activity. Click here for full Indications and Usage.
Experience an approach focused on you
Designed to work along with Saxenda®, SaxendaCare® is more than just tips—it uses scientifically proven weight-loss and maintenance strategies. SaxendaCare® provides support with exclusive access to coaching, a personalized web dashboard, helpful emails, and more. All this, at no cost to you.
See how you can customize SaxendaCare® to get support that meets your needs.
It’s about you—staying focused, navigating challenges, and making changes step by step
Your personalized SaxendaCare® experience will help you:
- Create reduced-calorie eating and increased activity goals
- Stay accountable
- Switch gears when you need it
- Build the skills you need to take each step
SaxendaCare® offers online skill building activities, emails, and a personalized web dashboard.
Live phone support
- Call if you have questions about taking Saxenda®
- Learn about your Saxenda® pen
- Dosing and refill reminders
- Setting goals and expectations
- Scheduling time for being active
Your SaxendaCare® Welcome Kit
- Welcome letter
- Health and Wellness guide
- Portion plate with instructions
Your free SaxendaCare® Welcome Kit will comes in the mail after you enroll.
Choose your support option
Convenient app-based support, powered by
- Full access to Noom's interactive content, recipes, and tracking tools for weight, calories, exercise, and more
- Personalized plan tailored to fit your lifestyle
- Dynamic support system through in-app messaging, designed to keep you motivated
- or -
Live phone calls with SaxendaCare® coaches
- Convenient one-on-one phone coaching with a registered dietitian with a certificate in weight management
- Helps you stay accountable
- Facilitates goal setting