Selected Important Safety Information
What is the most important information I should know about Saxenda®?
Serious side effects may happen in people who take Saxenda®, including:
Possible thyroid tumors, including cancer. Tell your health care professional if you get a lump or swelling in your neck, hoarseness, trouble swallowing, or shortness of breath. These may be symptoms of thyroid cancer. In studies with rats and mice, Saxenda® and medicines that work like Saxenda® caused thyroid tumors, including thyroid cancer. It is not known if Saxenda® will cause thyroid tumors or a type of thyroid cancer called medullary thyroid carcinoma (MTC) in people.
Do not use Saxenda® if you or any of your family have ever had MTC, or if you have an endocrine system condition called Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia syndrome type 2 (MEN 2). See below for full Important Safety Information as well as Limitations of Use.
Saxenda® is an FDA-approved prescription injectable medicine that may help some adults with excess weight (body mass index [BMI] ≥27) who also have weight-related medical problems or obesity (BMI ≥30), lose weight and keep it off. Saxenda® should be used with a reduced-calorie meal plan and increased physical activity. Click here for full Indications and Usage.
Enroll in SaxendaCare®
SaxendaCare® is an award-winning support program designed to help people like you pursue their weight-management goals. Working with your Saxenda® prescription, this free step-by-step program helps you build lasting healthy habits that fit your lifestyle.
- Information and support to get you started with Saxenda®
- SaxendaCare® coaches who answer questions, offer encouragement, and help you find ways to stay motivated
- Creative ways to incorporate nutrition and increased activity into your routine
- Weekly emails to support personalized healthy habits and maintain your momentum
- Dosing and refill reminders to keep you on track
- The ability to sync with popular fitness trackers to see your daily progress
- A Saxenda® Savings Card when you enroll
- And much more…