Selected Important Safety Information
What is the most important information I should know about Saxenda®?
Serious side effects may happen in people who take Saxenda®, including:
Possible thyroid tumors, including cancer. Tell your health care professional if you get a lump or swelling in your neck, hoarseness, trouble swallowing, or shortness of breath. These may be symptoms of thyroid cancer. In studies with rats and mice, Saxenda® and medicines that work like Saxenda® caused thyroid tumors, including thyroid cancer. It is not known if Saxenda® will cause thyroid tumors or a type of thyroid cancer called medullary thyroid carcinoma (MTC) in people.
Do not use Saxenda® if you or any of your family have ever had MTC, or if you have an endocrine system condition called Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia syndrome type 2 (MEN 2). See below for full Important Safety Information as well as Limitations of Use.
Saxenda® is an FDA-approved prescription injectable medicine that may help some adults with excess weight (body mass index [BMI] ≥27) who also have weight-related medical problems or obesity (BMI ≥30), lose weight and keep it off. Saxenda® should be used with a reduced-calorie meal plan and increased physical activity. Click here for full Indications and Usage.
Enroll in SaxendaCare®
SaxendaCare® is an award-winning support program designed to help people like you pursue their weight-management goals. Working with your Saxenda® prescription, this free step-by-step program helps you build lasting healthy habits that fit your lifestyle.
- Create reduced-calorie eating and increased activity goals
- Stay accountable
- Switch gears when you need it
- Build the skills you need to take each step
SaxendaCare® coaches are ready to speak with you!
- Work with you one-on-one to help you get off to a good start taking Saxenda®
- Find ways to introduce changes to your lifestyle at a pace that works for you
- Schedule calls that fit your schedule
Discover online skill-building activities and more
In addition to SaxendaCare® coaches and a guided experience, SaxendaCare® also offers the following benefits:
- Find support to start using your Saxenda® pen
- A full year focused on healthy habits and new ideas to try
- Dosing and refill reminders to keep you on track
- The ability to sync with popular fitness trackers to see your daily progress
- A welcome kit that includes a letter with more on our program and the Your Weight Matters Health and Wellness Guide